How many margins did I earn today? What's the dish with the highest margin in my menu? How will the food cost of Caesar's salad change if I will purchase more expensive parmesan?
Such kind of questions are common, and they appear in the minds of restaurant managers every day. And we have answers. We spent more than ten years developing our food cost control and recipe management system.
How it's working?
1. We carefully input all recipes to the system.
2. We use a fully digital purchasing system with automatic orders and electronic invoices - this helps to keep stock actual and control purchasing prices online.
3. We use mobile scheduled count of stock. Some goods are counting every day. Some on Tuesdays, some twice a month. It is much easier to put 20 numbers about real stock in phone three days per week, than fill in a lot of papers once a month, is not it?
4. All write-offs we do from POS to avoid manual work and mistakes.
5. We deduct ingredients from stock when any bill closes. Online. In the same time.