This website is operated and provided by iiko Limited ("iiko
") having its registered office at Office 1 - 108 184 Shepherds Bush Road London W6 7NL. We are a controller for the purpose of Data Protection Legislation (as defined below).
" and "Your
" are references to a user of our website. Introduction
We are committed to protecting and respecting Your privacy and handling Your information in an open and transparent manner.
") explains what information we, iiko, collect from You, or that You provide to us, what we will use it for and with whom we share that information. The policy also sets out Your rights and who can You can contact for more information. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding Your personal data and how we will treat it.
The personal data we collect and process may include:
- Your name;
- Your contact information such as Your email address and telephone number (or any telephone number used to call our customer services);
- Your log in details for accounts You hold with us;
- Your IP address, Your browser type and language;
- Your payment details / financial data i.e. Your bank name, account number and sort code;
- information about Your visit to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
If you are a member of staff at one of our partners or agents we will collect your contact information (name, contact number, email address) and shall process this data for the purposes of managing our business relationships and contracts with our partners and agents including training and education in relation to our products. How we collect information about You
How we use Your information
- Information You give to us on the sites. This is information about You that You give us by filling in forms on our site iikoeast.com (our site) (e.g. the contact us section or when signing up for a free trial of our products or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information You give us may include Your name, Your contact number and e-mail.
- Other information You give us. If You or Your company purchase one of our products You will need to provide certain information to us to enable us to contract with you for our products and services and meet our ongoing contractual obligations to you.
- Information given to us by our commercial partners. We work with a number of agents and partners across various territories. They may provide us with your information that they have collected during exhibitions or through their business operations so that we can contact you in relation to potential contracts for our products and services
- Social Media. Depending on Your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram You might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
- Information we collect about You
- In addition, with regard to each of Your visits to our sites we will automatically collect certain information e.g. Your IP address used to connect Your computer to the Internet.
Our primary purpose in collecting user information is to provide You with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience and to provide the products, services or responses You have requested. We may also use the information that You have provided to ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for You and Your computer.
We use Your information for the following specific purposes:
Legal grounds for using Your personal information
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between You (or Your company) and us and to provide You with the information, products and services that You request from us;
- to notify You about changes to our service including new versions of our products or new features available in the products;
- to ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your computer;
- to administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to You and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to You;
- to send you our newsletter or updates, or to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them; and provide you or them with targeted marketing in relation to our services (unless you or they indicate at any time that you or they do not wish us to do so).
The law permits us to process Your personal data in the way that it does because the processing is:
Information about your customers and employees
- necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests that we pursue, which are to run and administer our business, including to provide marketing materials to You in relation to our products and services, and to discharge our legal obligations to store and disclose information where necessary; and/or
- necessary for the performance of our contract to provide You with products and services You have purchased; and/or
- necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
As part of the products and services that iiko provides it is likely that we will process the personal data of both the employees and individual customers of the company that You represent. We will set out in our contract with You how, as a processor under the Data Protection Legislation, we will comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Legislation including putting in place technical and security measures to protect their personal data within our products. However, as your employees and customers it is your responsibility to notify them about how You are using their personal data in compliance with your obligations under the Data Protection Legislation as a controller. Sharing Your information
Links to Other Sites
- We may disclose data to provide our products, to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, and protect our rights and property.
- The personal information provide to us may also be shared with our affiliates, third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or related companies (including payment processors) if this is necessary to provide You with our products and services, respond to Your inquiries or for any other related purposes.
- With your permission we may include your information in testimonials regarding our products and services on our sites. You will be free to withdraw your permission at any time.
- analytics and search engine providers that may assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
- third parties who support our information technology or handle mailings or events on our behalf;
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so, or in other limited circumstances (for example if required by a court order or regulatory authority, or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site, our technology assets or the rights, property or personal safety of any person);
- We may also share Your personal information with:
- other companies we have instructed to provide services for us;
- other third parties for those purposes that may be reasonably ascertained from the circumstances in which the information was submitted;
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity; and
- any successor in interest, in the event of a liquidation or administration of iiko.
We ensure that there are appropriate technical, physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards in place on our sites to protect Your personal details from unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet (including by email) is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at Your own risk. Once we have received Your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. How long we keep Your information
We will only keep the information we collect about You for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us regularly reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
We may send You direct marketing communications, and retain Your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as You do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. Transferring data outside of the EEA
Data that You submit via our website is sent to and stored on secure servers owned by or operated for us. Data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our service providers, related companies, agents or contractors. Such transfers may be made in order to improve our website or to assist in our security or fraud protection activities.
Where recipients are outside the EEA, we ensure that the recipient provides an adequate level of protection for Your personal data or the transfer is otherwise permitted under applicable Data Protection Legislation, by methods including using standard contractual clauses or by relying on a relevant adequacy decision by the European Commission. Opting out
As a business user, where You provide us with Your personal information we may use that information to make of that information, such as sending You our newsletter, information or offers containing updated information about us, our goods and promotions.
You will have the option of "unsubscribing" from our mailing list for newsletters, alerts and updates at any time, thereby disabling any further such e-mail communication from being sent to You.
Details of how to unsubscribe will be included on each electronic mailing we send You. Alternatively, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with "URGENT – UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST" in the subject line and the email address that You wish to be removed within the email.
We will action any opt out request from You without delay. Your rights
At any time, You have the right:
- to be informed about the processing of Your personal data (i.e. for what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed, storage periods, any third party sources from it was obtained, confirmation of whether we undertake automated decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance and envisaged consequences);
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about You;
- to rectification of Your personal data, if You consider that it is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete Your personal data, if You consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of Your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending You marketing messages (e.g. our newsletter) at any time by using the below contact details;
- to restrict processing of Your personal data;
- to data portability (moving some of Your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- to object to Your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
- to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if You are being profiled based on Your personal data.
Any request for access to or a copy of Your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with Data Protection Legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards Your rights as a data subject.
We will correct any incorrect or incomplete information and will stop processing Your personal data, or erase it, where there is no legal reason for us to continue to hold or use that information.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about You is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that Your information is up to date, do let us know if any of Your personal details change.
If You have any concerns about our use of Your information, You also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.